List of OBSTERICS/GYNECOLOGY Workers’ Compensation Doctors

Injured at work? Find NYS WCB Authorized Physicians specializing in OBSTERICS/GYNECOLOGY that treat work-related accidents and illness.

Obstetrics/Gynecology is a medical specialty that combined two subspecialties. It combines Obstetrics (dealing with pregnancy, childbirth, and post-childbirth) and gynecology (dealing with the health of the female reproductive system).

Medical doctors that specialize in obstetrics/gynecology are commonly known as OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist).  An OB-GYN does numerous procedures, along with assisting with labor.  Some common procedures they perform are Colposcopy(pap smear), biopsies, IUDs (a transuterine device for contraception), D&C(dilation and curettage which means open the cervix and collect tissue) and cystectomy(removal of cysts) to name a few.

An OB-GYN typically works in private practice, clinics, and hospitals.

workers comp doctors near me